York City Cruise
The Boatyard, Lendal Bridge, York, YO1 7DP
|Save money and beat the queues by booking attractions, tours and things...|
- Recommended for:
- Couples, Families with teenagers, First-time travellers, Mature travellers, Singles, Design and architecture, Great views / scenery, History, Relaxation, Sightseeing
Expert review of York City Cruise
The reason for the city’s existence, the river’s Ouse and Foss once carried European invaders and trade goods into York. Now it’s pleasure craft that plough the waves, offering a chance to give your feet a rest, have a sit down and let the captains of these guided river cruises tell tales of York’s riverside sights in and beyond the city centre. There are both open and closed seating areas and a cafe. Along with a series of specialist cruises, if the skies are clear and the weather warm, the collection of evening juants are a tantalising experience.
If you prefer to do the navigating and driving yourself, hire one of their small motorboats from the Kings Staith landing point. Available by the hour and able to carry up to 8 people, a warm sunny day and picnic completes the lovely scenario.
Tickets can be bought on boarding, though tickets bought in advance online will be cheaper.
Quayside day cruises; adults £7.50, concessions £6.50, children £3.50 (5-15), children under 5 free.
Yorkshire Pass accepted (See the Sights and attractions section on my York insider tips page for more details).
Quayside evening cruises (Apr-Oct); adults £9.50, concessions £8.50, children £6.50, children under 5 free.
Get a combined discount ticket which includes access to either York Dungeon or City Sightseeing Bus Tours.
Motorboat hire £25/£35 per hour, plus £20.00 returnable deposit.
More information on York City Cruise:
- Price guide:
- Lake / river / canal, Tour, Viewpoint
- The Boatyard, Lendal Bridge, York, YO1 7DP
- +44 1904 628 324
- Months open:
- Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov
- Opening times:
- Daily. Cruises throughout the day and into the evening during the summer starting at 10.30am from Kings Staith Landing and 10.40am from Lendal Bridge.
- Free tags / Keywords:
- Boat trip, River cruise